Why we exist
Newham Community Learning is a local group of schools, which exists in order to provide an excellent education for all young people in our community
The education we provide will be:
- Ambitious – for our young people, encouraging and supporting them to excel
- Caring – where all members of the community treat each other with kindness and respect
- Inclusive – meeting the needs and aspirations of all young people
- Broad-ranging – giving access to a broad and rich range of experiences to prepare them for an active role in the next stage of their education or life after school
Our agreed principles
- We support staff at all levels to continue developing and learning, including continuously refreshing their knowledge and skills.
- We manage our resources effectively and transparently for the benefit of our students.
- We listen and respond to the views of our staff, students, families and our local community.
- We are actively committed to diversity, inclusion and equity– no one is left out or left behind.
- We place the highest priority on safeguarding the young people in our care.
- We maintain and value the distinct identity of each school within the Trust.
- We work collaboratively with a wide range of partners, including the local authority, unions and other stakeholders, to achieve the best possible outcomes for our wider community.
- We are a responsible employer, supporting our staff and recognising that the commitment of our staff is fundamental to the success of our schools.
A supportive partnership
Our schools came together as a group committed to working in partnership and to supporting one another. At the outset, we agreed a set of principles to develop an effective partnership:
Solidarity – all those with responsibility for the schools share a particular commitment to the mutual support of all schools for whom Newham Community Learning is responsible, especially those that are in need of assistance at any particular time.
Integrity – all those involved in the oversight and leadership of our schools will work together in a collaborative, mutually supportive, way – always ensuring that the Trust supports all schools.
Public benefit – to advance, for the public benefit, the education of children and young people, not only at Newham Community Learning schools, but across the community that we serve.
Distinctivenss – we will work as a single group, committed to fulfiling Newham Community Learning’s strategic objectives – whilst retaining our individual local identities as schools serving our specific communities within the borough.
Subsidiarity – decision making and accountability are detailed in our Scheme of Delegation, with decisions made centrally where this is specified, ensuring local accountability and minimising bureaucracy.